1 Corinthians 6:19-20
The T.E.M.P.L.E. Ministry is based upon the scriptures found in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. As we realize that our bodies are a temple for God, we must with purpose keep our temples healthy. This ministry’s goal is to help each person engage their physical life everyday. We understand that each person has a different body make-up. However, we all can do things to present our “best” body to God for service. Our plan to achieve the goal is by doing the following:
• One hour fitness classes 2-3 times per week
• Evening Classes starting at 6:15 pm - 7:15 pm Monday & Thursday
• Saturday Morning Class at 9:15 am - 10:15 am
• Include a nutritional component to the ministry
• Each participant will establish their own lifestyle goals
• Commitment from each participant
• Accountability for self and others
• Open to new ideas (leaders of classes, different exercises/programs)
• Open to church members, visitors & friends
• Each participant to sign a waiver of liability (under 18, must have legal guardian to sign waiver)
• Overall ministry goal is for each participant to run and/or walk a 5K race
Verse 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
Verse 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.